A cooperative called Todosantarita has fields on the slopes of the Sierra de Los Cuchumatanes and is based in Huehuetenango, near San Antonio Huista. As of the beginning of 2022, 131 people are part of the cooperative. It began when 17 people got together to form a group that would become the cooperative. Even though the average age of the farmers there is 50, the fact that 20% of them are between the ages of 22 and 35 is seen as a good thing in a region that has trouble getting young people to move there. Guatemalan coffee is grown at altitudes higher than 1600 meters, which gives it a strong and unique taste. Guatemala has a unique growing region with a mild subtropical climate and nutrient-rich volcanic soil. This is the perfect place to grow some of the best coffee beans in the world.
Most people think that the plants are at their best when they are between 4 and 6 years old. The dominant indigenous Mam culture in the area still makes coffee in the traditional way. This means that some farmers use the moon cycle to figure out the best time to prune and plant coffee trees.
- 100% Arabica Guatemala Decaf Swiss Water coffee
- This coffee is one of the finest, best and most sought after coffee indulgences in the world
- Freshly roasted in small batches for highest freshness, flavour and aroma
- Stored in an elegant sealed pouch or airtight tin (depending on your order)
- A great, unique and exclusive gift for coffee lovers, family and friends